TBCheck MTP64 VER 1.0 – Rapid detection of MTB complex
Your sensitive immunochromatographic assay for the rapid identification of M. tuberculosis complex from culture
A positive culture is the starting material for TBCheck MPT64. The assay detects the MPT64 antigen which is highly specific for M. tuberculosis complex. Therefore, a discrimination between MTB complex and NTM is possible. Depending on this result further diagnostic tests can be used:
In case of a positive result GenoType MTBC allows for the differentiation of M. tuberculosis complex. Furthermore, if resistance testing is required GenoType MTBDRplus is the right choice for a PCR-based detection of MDR-TB.
If the result is negative the presence of NTM is assumed and GenoType Mycobacterium CM/AS should be used for further differentiation.
TBCheck MPT64 is based on an immunochromatographic assay principle. A droplet of the positive culture is placed on the lateral flow strip. On the strip the secreted MPT64 antigens are marked with gold and migrate to a specific binding site. This reaction leads to a gold accumulation at the binding site and subsequently to a visible band on the strip. The control area shows the efficiency of the gold binding – therefore, valid results are always guaranteed.
Your benefits with TBCheck MPT64
- Rapid detection: TBCheck MPT64 allows the rapid detection of M. tuberculosis complex and consequent discrimination from NTM within 10 minutes. Therefore, rapid results are guaranteed and further testing is promptly possible.
- Indication for further diagnostics: The results of TBCheck MPT64 enable a sound choice for further diagnostics. Depending on the results, further differentiation of MTB complex or NTM differentiation are indicated.
- Confirmation prior to drug susceptibility testing: The assay can be used to confirm MTB complex before drug susceptibilitytesting is performed from culture.
- Ease of use: Just one single pipetting step is necessary to obtain reliable results which can be easily evaluated at a glance.
- No implementation costs: No instrumentation is necessary for the assay – therefore quick implementation is possible in every lab.
Not all of our products are available in every country. Please contact your local sales representative for availability of this IVD product in your country.
At a glance
Rapid immunochromatographic assay for the detection of the M. tuberculosis complex from cultivated samples
Bacteria grown in liquid medium
- 30 tests No. 6430
Immunochromatographic assay principle