FluoroType® MTBDR VER 2.0 – Your test system for true MDR-TB testing
Single-tube high-multiplex PCR and subsequent fluorescence-based detection of M. tuberculosis complex and its resistance against rifampicin and isoniazid from sputum specimens or cultivated samples
FluoroType® MTBDR is based on the innovative LiquidArray technology. Within one reaction the test allows for the detection of M. tuberculosis complex and identifi cation of mutations within the rpoB, inhA and katG genes. Decontaminated sputum and culture samples can be used as sample material.
DNA extraction can be performed manually using FluoroLyse or fully automated with the GenoXtract® 96 (coming soon). Using this instrument, a completely automated processing is possible: After DNA isolation and PCR set-up, the plate can be directly placed into the FluoroCycler® XT for amplification and detection. The results are evaluated and displayed in the FluoroCycler® XT Report.
Your benefits with FluoroType® MTBDR
- Novel technology: The test system is based on the innovative LiquidArray technology. It thus enables reliable MDR-TB diagnostics within 2.5 hours only.
- True MDR-TB testing: Resistances to both first-line drugs, rifampicin and isoniazid, are reliably identified, as well as mono-resistances.
- Reliable results: The assays can detect silent mutations within the rpoB gene and therefore allows confidence when testing for resistance.
- Flexible and intelligent software: The user-friendly and machine learning, specific FluoroSoftware does the evaluation and interpretation. A high number of resistance-mediating mutations is specified within the result report. In addition, rare or so far unknown mutations in the target genes are also shown.
- Fully automated solution possible: Amplification and detection run fully automated in a closed system, the FluoroCycler® XT. Nucleic acid extraction can be automated by using the GenoXtract® 96 (coming soon) device.
At a glance
Molecular genetic test system for the detection of the M. tuberculosis complex and its resistance to rifampicin and isoniazid
Sputum specimens and cultivated samples
Instrument for amplification and detection:
24 tests No. 62824
96 tests No. 62896